Rising energy prices over recent years have led to an increased awareness of the impact of energy consumption on the operating costs of commercial, residential and industrial facilities and buildings. Innovative approaches to energy will keep your costs under control so you can focus on your core business. In many cases, savings in energy consumption can pay back of simple upgrades and operational changes within a few years. Combining energy efficiency considerations with maintenance upgrades and other refurbishments can either reduce the overall cost of efficiency improvements, or provide an energy conservation benefit with equipment replacements that may be needed for other operational reasons.
While every facility is unique, our typical approach is as follows:
- How does your facility compare to others? We review your energy consumption and compare it to similar facilities. We aim to identify any anomalies that might indicate operational issues or sources of energy waste.
- What are the energy savings opportunities in your facility? We complete an audit to identify operational procedures, equipment and systems in your facility to determine where cost-effective changes can be made to reduce energy consumption. We analyse all energy consuming systems including heating, air-conditioning, ventilation, envelope, lighting, electrical and process systems.
- How can you capitalize on these opportunities? Drawing on the above analysis, we will outline how you can best take advantage of the savings opportunities in your facility. We prioritise opportunities based on your budget, oversee the engineering, procurement and construction of upgrade projects, and verify the performance of your facility into the future.
- Energy efficiency audit of a 2,500 m2 religious worship facility, identified 20% energy cost savings from heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and lighting retrofits with expected payback period of less than five years.
- Conceptual design, feasibility assessment and rebate applications for 85 kW solar thermal system for existing office tower.
- Energy audit and feasibility assessment and detailed design of new energy efficient heating system for 85-suite residential building.
- Condition and energy efficiency assessment of total of 25 MW backup diesel generating stations (including engines, generators, ancillary mechanical and electrical equipment and building facilities) in remote northern communities.